To refer yourself to the PCP please download our Referral Form or to find out more information please contact the PCP staff on 0113 3876473 or 0113 3786474 or email them at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who does it support?
* People with Long Term Conditions, including mental health problems
* Unpaid Carers
What does it do?
The PCP is a 12-week course designed to empower participants to live more positively. It combines three essential elements:
* One-to-one complementary therapies such as Massage, Shiatsu, Reflexology, Acupuncture, Healing, Emotional Freedom Technique
* Group activities such as Tai Chi, Dru Yoga, Therapeutic Art, Meditation and the Alexander Technique
* Group workshops which cover a wide variety of topics about looking after your mind, body and spirit
to disocver all therapies available please take a look at our Therapy and Workshop List
Many participants find the PCP life changing. Evaluations (2006-2009) demonstrated:
- 38% of participants visited their GP less often
- 32% were able to reduce their medication
- 94% found the Programme helped them to understand how their lifestyle affected their health
- 91% made positive changes to their lifestyle to improve their health
- 92% said their mental wellbeing had improved
- 90% said they now take more responsbility for their health
- Download the full evaluation report
- View video interviews with past participants
- Click here to read about the real life experiences of PCP participants
- Read feedback about the PCP
The Positive Care Programme is funded by the Big Lottery Fund. Five programmes have run across Leeds working with over 300 participants who are living with complex and difficult long term conditions or people who are unpaid carers.
Conditions have included ; ME, MS, Cancer, Fibromyalgia, Parkinsons, Bi Polar, schizophrenia, anxiety, stress, depression, PTSD amongst others conditions.
The impacts have been significant. Many participants report significant improvement to their wellbeing and go on to volunteering, returning to work, feeling empowered to live positively with their conditions.