Firstly, are you happy enough? Click on the link below
If you are, that’s great! If your not as happy as you’d like to be then look at the following list.
Researchers in Positive Psychology have identified 10 actions that we can all take to improve our levels of happiness.
1 – Do things for others (Giving)
2 – Connect with people (Relating)
3 – Take care of your body (Exercising)
4 – Notice the world around (Appreciating)
5 – Keep learning new things (Trying out)
6 – Have goals to look forward to (Direction)
7 – Find ways to bounce back (Resilience)
8 – Take a positive approach (Emotion)
9 – Be comfortable with who you are (Acceptance)
10 – Be part of something bigger (Meaning)
There are lots of ways that you can start making a difference to your lives and others. It doesn’t have to be a big action, in fact it can be something quite small. The main aim is to carry out an action that fits with the above categories.
Here are five of the United Nations favourite happiness quotes to inspire you to act for a happier world.
1. “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” – Anne Frank
2. “The happiness of any society begins with the well-being of the families that live in it.” – former UN Secretary-General Kofi Annan
3. “It all comes to this: the simplest way to be happy is to do good.” – Helen Keller
4. “The happiest people don’t necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the best out of everything that comes their way.” – Unknown
5. “The root of happiness is altruism – the wish to be of service to others.” – the Dalai Lama