IN:CHARGE is a new and exciting project by Touchstone and PATH Yorkshire, bringing together people from African, African Caribbean, Bangladeshi, Pakistani and Mixed Heritage backgrounds on a FREE 24-week Training Course to learn and develop as a ‘Mental Health Coach’.
The project will give participants the chance to improve their employment prospects and leadership skills through work experience placements and the opportunity to shadow people in high level leadership positions. Participants will get the support to start their own community organisation, group or even business!
Participants need to answer YES to the following questions to register on the course:
- Are you from Harehills, Burmantofts, Chapeltown or Meanwood?
- Are you from an African, African Caribbean, Bangladeshi, Pakistani or Mixed Heritage background?
- Have you experienced or supported someone with a mental health issue?
- Are you unemployed or only work for a few number of hours each week?
- Do you want to be In:Charge of your future and help others take charge of theirs?
- Can you commit to a weekly training course?
*Limited places available*
Friday 28th April 12.30pm – 3.30pm
Leeds LS9 7BG
- An opportunity to learn about the course & the modules that will be covered.
- COME and MEET US in person and complete an expression of interest form.
- Ask us your questions and queries.
- We would like to meet everyone who has already completed an expression of interest form, please attend this event to keep informed of the next steps.