Touchstone supports people from a wide range of backgrounds and we aim to reflect the same diversity among our staff. To check how we’re doing, each year we ask staff to complete a brief survey. The results of our 2017 survey are summarised below.
- 16% of staff have a disability, compared to 14% the previous year. Our current objective is 15%. 9% of our current service users have a disability.
- 47% of staff are from a BME (Black and Minority Ethnic) backgrounds, compared to 44% the previous year. Our objective is to maintain at least 40% BME staff. 47% of our current service users are BME.
- We employ 59% female, 37% male and 4% other staff, compared to 78% female and 22% male the previous year. Our objective is to have 50% female and 50% male staff. Our service users are 51% female and 49% male.
- 21% of staff identify as LGB (Lesbian, Gay or Bi), compared to 16% the previous year. Our objective is to maintain at least 10% LGB staff. 5% of service users identify as LGB.
- 2% of staff said that their gender identity is not the same as they were assigned at birth, compared to 4% last year.
- 58% said they were able to discuss their gender identity at work, compared to 64% last year.