Touchstone has developed its reward and benefits package to attract, motivate and retain the best people.
- Touchstone has been listed in the Sunday Times 100 best not-for-profit organisations to work for since 2013, we are currently listed at number 8. Touchstone is the highest places mental health charity in the list and the only organisation from Yorkshire and Humber to make the Top 10.
- Touchstone has been awarded Investors in People Gold – a recognition of our commitment to valuing our staff and giving them opportunities to develop.
- We are also a Stonewall Diversity Champion and and are listed as one of Stonewall’s Top 100 employers.
- Find out more about our awards and accreditations.
Why people love working for Touchstone
Staff reward and benefits include:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Money Purchase Occupational Pension Scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement, starting at 28 days per annum, rising to 31 days after two years of service (pro-rata).
- 8 bank holiday days.
- Internal and external training.
- Development opportunities.
- Generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Access to confidential employee assistance.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
Equality and diversity
- Valuing difference and celebrating diversity are core parts of Touchstone’s vision and values. It is important to us to treat staff and applicants from all backgrounds with equal respect.
- Touchstone is a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Stonewall Top 100 employer and in 2015 was named Stonewall’s Employer of the Year in the Yorkshire and Humber region – recognising our commitment to supporting staff of all sexual orientations and to challenging prejudice. All staff receive training on issues of sexual diversity and there is a confidential forum for LGBT staff members to seek support from their peers.
- Touchstone is a Mindful Employer – we will always seek to support staff and applicants who are experiencing mental health issues and to ensure that they are not discriminated against.
- Touchstone has been granted the Positive about Disabled People mark – recognising our commitment to supporting staff and applicants with disabilities.
Touchstone employs over 100 people. Every year our trustees set diversity targets for staff and in 2016/17, Touchstone staff described themselves as:
- 59% female, 34% male, 4% other.
- 2% said that their gender identity is not the same as they were assigned at birth
- 21% LGB (Lesbian, Gay or Bisexual)
- 47% come from BME (Black or Minority Ethnicity) backgrounds
- 16% consider themselves disabled