Touchstone has developed its reward and benefits package to attract, motivate and retain the best people.
- Touchstone has been listed in the Sunday Times 100 best not-for-profit organisations to work for since 2013, we are currently listed at number 8. Touchstone is the highest placed mental health charity in the list.
- Touchstone has been awarded Investors in People Platinum – a recognition of our commitment to valuing our staff and giving them opportunities to develop.
- We are also a Stonewall Diversity Champion and and are listed 20th in Stonewall’s Top 100 employers.
- We are currently placed number 1 in the Inclusive Top 50 UK employers by Excellence in Diversity Awards, a position we’ve held since 2016.
- Find out more about our awards and accreditations.
Why people love working for Touchstone
Staff reward and benefits include:
- Competitive rates of pay.
- Money Purchase Occupational Pension Scheme.
- Generous holiday entitlement, starting at 28 days per annum, rising to 31 days after two years of service (pro-rata).
- 8 bank holiday days.
- Internal and external training.
- Development opportunities.
- Generous maternity and paternity policies.
- Access to confidential employee assistance.
Equality and diversity
- Valuing difference and celebrating diversity are core parts of Touchstone’s vision and values. It is important to us to treat staff and applicants from all backgrounds with equal respect.
- Touchstone is a Stonewall Diversity Champion, a Stonewall Top 100 employer and in 2015 was named Stonewall’s Employer of the Year in the Yorkshire and Humber region – recognising our commitment to supporting staff of all sexual orientations and to challenging prejudice. All staff receive training on issues of sexual diversity and there is a confidential forum for LGBT staff members to seek support from their peers.
- Touchstone is a Mindful Employer – we will always seek to support staff and applicants who are experiencing mental health issues and to ensure that they are not discriminated against.
- Touchstone has been granted the Positive about Disabled People mark – recognising our commitment to supporting staff and applicants with disabilities.
Touchstone employs over 150 people. Every year our trustees set diversity targets for staff and in 2017/18, Touchstone staff described themselves as:
- 72% female, 28% male
- 2% said that their gender identity is not the same as they were assigned at birth
- 14% LGB (Lesbian, Gay or Bisexual)
- 48% come from BME (Black or Minority Ethnicity) backgrounds
- 19% consider themselves disabled