Advocacy Kirklees is a new advocacy service for Kirklees delivered by Touchstone in partnership with Advonet.
This service will run from the 1st October 2018.
This service works to empower individuals across Kirklees to know their rights, make choices and decisions about their lives and to ensure that their wants, needs and wishes are heard. There are a number of different types of advocacy provided by this service:
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy – professional referrals only
- Care Act Advocacy – professional referrals only
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Advocacy – professional referrals only
- Independent NHS Health Complaints Advocacy – for people who have a concern or complaint about an NHS service
- General Advocacy – for people who are looking for other, non-statutory advocacy
- Peer, self and group advocacy
We also provide mental health advocacy under an existing contract called Kirklees Advocacy Service and are currently taking referrals for:
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – for anyone who is sectioned under the Mental Health Act
- Community Mental Health Advocacy – for individuals wanting mental health advocacy support but who are not sectioned under the Mental Health Act
Making a referral:
We will be taking referrals for IMCA, Care Act, DoLs, NHS Health Complaints and General Advocacy from the 1st October, please check back here then to get referral forms. Please note that IMCA, Care Act and DoLs referrals can only be made by professionals.
How to contact us:
This service will be based at Advocacy Kirklees, Touchstone, No.9 Wellington Road, Dewsbury, WF13 1HF. The telephone will 01924 460 211, if you have queries about this service before the 1st October please contact Touchstone House on 0113 271 8277 or email firstname.lastname@example.org