Advocacy Kirklees is a new advocacy service for Kirklees delivered by Touchstone in partnership with Advonet.
This service works to empower individuals across Kirklees to know their rights, make choices and decisions about their lives and to ensure that their wants, needs and wishes are heard. There are a number of different types of advocacy provided by this service:
- Independent Mental Capacity Advocacy – professional referrals only
- Care Act Advocacy – professional and self referrals
- Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards Advocacy – professional referrals only
- Independent NHS Health Complaints Advocacy – for people who have a concern or complaint about an NHS service
- General Advocacy – for people who are looking for other, non-statutory advocacy
- Peer, self and group advocacy
- Relevant Person’s Representatives
We also provide mental health advocacy under an existing contract called Kirklees Advocacy Service and are currently taking referrals for:
- Independent Mental Health Advocacy – for anyone who is sectioned under the Mental Health Act
- Community Mental Health Advocacy – for individuals wanting mental health advocacy support but who are not sectioned under the Mental Health Act
Making a referral:
We take referrals for IMCA, Care Act, DoLs, NHS Health Complaints and General Advocacy. Please note that IMCA and DoLs referrals can only be made by professionals.