What we offer?
Touchstone have been working with volunteers for many years. We specialise in recruiting, training and supporting volunteers into placement at Touchstone or with one of our partner organisations. Volunteers are fully supported and able to build their confidence, self esteem, reduce isolation, learn new skills and make new friends.
Touchstone can provide:
- Training to volunteers on a range of modules. This can be tailored to meet the needs of your organisation.
- A free enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check (enhanced) for all volunteers.
- A tailor made personal development plan for all volunteers
- One to one Supervision and/or Group supervision for all volunteers.
- Personalised certificates and references on completion of training and placement.
- Advice regarding future opportunities e.g. writing CV’s, looking for work.
- Collating monitoring data, reflecting the needs and outcomes of your service
98% of Volunteers stated support was ‘good’, ‘very good’ or ‘excellent’
Are you interested in working with Volunteers?
Many small/medium sized organisations don’t have the time or resources to recruit and manage volunteers. Touchstone are able to provide this service to organisations who would like to benefit from access to a rich and diverse pool of experienced volunteers, trained in line with services’ needs and organisational polices and procedures. Organisations can benefit in savings from hiring premises, training, supervision and more.
Touchstone have supported Advocacy For Mental Health and Dementia (A4MHD) to recruit, train and support volunteer advocates, including supporting the staff team to manage and supervise volunteers in line with their service requirements.
Touchstone have also worked with Positive Action For Refugees and Asylum Seekers, individual service needs and objectives to create a clear contract at a fair price.
Touchstone are now:
- Recruiting and selecting volunteers for the service.
- Coordinating volunteer training and support
- Completing all advanced DBS checks and references.
- Inducting, training and supporting volunteers before and during their placement, including providing regular supervision.
- Collating information for monitoring and evaluation.
Feedback from previous services who used our volunteer service
It would have been difficult to recruit volunteers as we are such a small organisation. They have provided and supported our volunteers extremely well – CM PAFRAS
Our volunteer has grown from strength to strength and regularly meets up and is motivated by other volunteers at Touchstone – CM Leeds Mind
Touchstone volunteers project is a great service. Service users referred to the volunteers project have been provided with highly trained and supported volunteer befrienders. The service has been very understanding of our needs as well as our service users’ – JB St Anne’s
If you would like any further information please contact:
Touchstone Volunteers Project
53 – 55 Harehills Avenue
0113 219 2727