Dosti is a safe and confidential support service improving women’s mental health in Leeds.
Offers culturally appropriate activities promoting a programme of mental health recovery.
Staff who speak various Asian languages and have expertise in mental health.
Therapeutic individual/group support which is specific to meet the diverse needs of Asian women.
It means ‘friendship’ in Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and Gujarati. Asian women can meet and form friendships.
Referral to DOSTI
- Women can self-refer or be referred to the service by completing a referral form which is available on the website or by contacting the office on 0113 203 8893
- Completed referrals should be sent to Pooja Lal poojal@touchstone support.org.uk
- An appropriate service is allocated following an assessment of individual need
- Personal support plan and key worker allocation
- Individual and/group support is offered
Choice of Service
- DOSTI runs a drop in at Stocks Hill Day Centre in West Leeds
- Dosti’s Mother’s/ Crèche Group at Castleton Children Centre
- Khushi group at Chapel town Children’s Centre
- Postnatal Depression group at Castleton Children centre
- Chalte Chalte – out and about group City Wide
- Outreach and Advocacy City Wide
- Stress management and coping strategies
- Spirituality and mental health sessions
- Life skills coaching to increase confidence and independence
- 1:1 emotional and practical support
- Arts and Crafts
Education / Training
- Computer courses
- English Language courses (ESOL)
- Healthy Eating and Fitness sessions
- Anger Management, Confidence Building, Self Esteem
- Jobs and Skills Opportunities
- Textiles Sessions
- Information/resources on counselling and legal matters
- Guidance/support enabling women to self help and self-care
- Counselling by appointment only.
- Postnatal Depression support
Outreach Support and Advocacy
- Reaching vulnerable women at home, who are at risk
- Providing Assessment, Intervention and Therapy
- Advocacy support to CPA meetings, hospital appointments
- Person-centred support provided to promote recovery
- Improving access to services to promote social inclusion
- DOSTI Drop-In Service
Stocks Hill Day Centre, Chapel Lane
Leeds, LS12 2DJ.
Thursday 10.00 – 1.30pm
- DOSTI’S Mother’s Group and Crèche
Castleton Children’s Centre
Leeds LS12 1JZ
Thursday 12:30 – 2:25 pm
Telephone 077 122 15374 for info
- KHUSHI (Happiness) Health and Well-being
Leeds LS7 3EZ
Wednesdays 10:00 – 1:00pm
Telephone 0113 378 4892 for info