Dosti is a safe and confidential support service improving women’s mental health in Leeds.
Offers culturally appropriate activities promoting a programme of mental health recovery.
Staff who speak various Asian languages and have expertise in mental health.
Therapeutic individual/group support which is specific to meet the diverse needs of Asian women.
It means ‘friendship’ in Hindi, Punjabi, Urdu and Gujarati. Asian women can meet and form friendships.
Choice of Service
- DOSTI runs a drop in at Stocks Hill Day Centre in West Leeds
- Dosti’s Mother’s/ Crèche Group at Castleton Children Centre
- Khushi group at Chapel town Children’s Centre
- Postnatal Depression group at Castleton Children centre
- Chalte Chalte – out and about group City Wide
- Outreach and Advocacy City Wide
- Stress management and coping strategies
- Spirituality and mental health sessions
- Life skills coaching to increase confidence and independence
- 1:1 emotional and practical support
- Arts and Crafts
Education / Training
- Computer courses
- English Language courses (ESOL)
- Healthy Eating and Fitness sessions
- Anger Management, Confidence Building, Self Esteem
- Jobs and Skills Opportunities
- Textiles Sessions
- Information/resources on counselling and legal matters
- Guidance/support enabling women to self help and self-care
- Counselling by appointment only.
- Postnatal Depression support
Outreach Support and Advocacy
- Reaching vulnerable women at home, who are at risk
- Providing Assessment, Intervention and Therapy
- Advocacy support to CPA meetings, hospital appointments
- Person-centred support provided to promote recovery
- Improving access to services to promote social inclusion
- DOSTI Drop-In Service
Stocks Hill Day Centre, Chapel Lane
Leeds, LS12 2DJ.
Thursday 10.00 – 1.30pm
- DOSTI’S Mother’s Group and Crèche
Castleton Children’s Centre
Leeds LS12 1JZ
Thursday 12:30 – 2:25 pm
Telephone 077 122 15374 for info
- KHUSHI (Happiness) Health and Well-being
Leeds LS7 3EZ
Wednesdays 10:00 – 1:00pm
Telephone 0113 378 4892 for info
Changes to Dosti
In Leeds the current local authority funded mental health services have been the same for a long time. The commissioner for all of these services has asked them to work together more closely to improve the way we support people who need help with their mental health. Touchstone is delighted and excited to be leading a new partnership. Existing mental health services commissioned by Leeds City Council delivered by Touchstone, Community Links and Leeds Mind will end 31st March 2019.
After running a competition at the end of last year a name has now been chosen for the new Community Based Mental Health Service which goes live from 1st April 2019. The service will be called Live Well Leeds and was a suggestion made by an existing service user. Live Well Leeds has been funded to deliver support for 5 years with Touchstone as the lead provider. To deliver this new service we will be working in partnership with Community Links, Leeds Mind, Advonet, Basis, BHA Skyline, BID, Carers Leeds, GATE, Getawaygirls, Health for all, Hyde Park Source, Leeds Irish Health and Homes, LS14 Trust, New Wortley Community Centre, Oblong, Shantona, Space 2 and St.Georges Crypt.
More information about changes to existing day services in Leeds can be found here;
There are still opportunities to get involved with the Live Well Leeds at monthly service user focus groups during the mobilisation period. The next meeting will be held at Stockshill hub, LS12 2DJ on Thursday 10th January 1-3pm. Please email email@example.com to confirm attendance and request any additional support to attend such as an interpreter. The following meetings will be held on Tuesday 19th February 12-2pm at Touchstone House, LS11 6JU and Wednesday 6th March 10-12 at Community Links, LS14 1AB. Any further queries regarding the Live Well Leeds service can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Links to other services;
Service User FAQ documents: