East Leeds Health for All Project

 elhfa service usersWhat Is ELHFA?

East Leeds Health for All (ELHFA) is a Healthy Living Service in the heart of Burmantofts in Lincoln Green. The service aims to reduce health inequalities through the delivery of health and wellbeing initiatives, reaching out to the local community.

  • A total of 817 Service Users accessed the ELHFA activities this year, and 421 of these were newly registered.
  • In our final quarter of 2014, 80.1% of our Service Users identified themselves as BME, with the remaining 19.9% defining themselves as White British. We not only have diversity in our Service Users, but also in our staff.
  • We plan and develop all of our activities in conjunction with our Service Users, listening to what they want, where and when.
  • Since 2013, ELHFA have become a Stonewall Diversity Champion and all of our staff have received training on LGBT awareness.
  • We make sure our service has up to date publicity and advice material, which is clearly displayed for our Service Users, and potential Service Users to access. Each new drop in that visits Boston Towers receives a goody bag with specific health information tailored to their needs.

What Services Do We Provide?

 


Monday

Magic Mondays

Arts & Crafts, Cooking, Knitting, Sewing, Weight Management, Zumba. Free Refreshments and access to internet. Check information before turning up.

12-2pm at Leeds Refugee Forum, One Stop Community Centre, 1 Cromwell Street, LS9 7SG


Tuesday

Plan 2 change

Do you or someone you know drink too much? Do you want to change?
Come and join us for breakfast. Support & Advice Available
Join Wendy and Kim.

Men & women welcome.

10.30am – 12.30pm at 41-47 Cromwell Mount, Lincoln Green, Leeds, LS9 7ST.

Job Club

Job search skills, and use of the computers. Beginners are welcome too.

Men and women welcome.

Come join Maxine 2-3pm or 3-5pm at 6 Boston Towers, Lincoln Green, Leeds LS9 7PB.


Wednesday

Breakfast Club

Come join Wendy for breakfast and a hot drink.

Men and women welcome.

10-12pm at 41-47 Cromwell Mount, LS9 7ST

Weight Management Peer Support Group

Come join  Sarah on Wednesday afternoon 2-4pm

41-47 Cromwell Mount, LS9 7ST

Men and women welcome.


Thursday

Boston Towers Drop-in

Computers & free internet plus Help / Support / Information.

All welcome at No 6 Boston Towers with Maxine and Denise.

Zumba

Come along to Zumba every Thursday 1.00-2.15pm with Maxine.

at Leeds Refugee Forum, One Community Centre, 1 Cromwell Street, LS9 7SG.

 


Contact Us

Your Name (required)

Your Email (required)

Your Telephone

Subject

Your Message

East Leeds Health for All Project Contacts

Bereket Loul Community Development Service Manager

0113 2484880

Denise James East Leeds Health for All Support Worker

0113 248 4880

Maxine Joof-Hedley Community Support Worker

0113 248 4880

Wendy Bartlett Community Support Worker

0113 248 4880

Kimberley Saggu Manager

0113 248 4880