Bradford and Leeds councils have been jointly awarded £3.5 million to help tackle social exclusion and provide early intervention to families at risk.
The funding has been awarded as part of Building Better Opportunities, a joint programme between the Big Lottery Fund and the European Social Fund. The Stronger Families programme will provide early intervention to those families who may have a range of barriers that can impact on social inclusion and provide opportunities to move into employment. Stronger Families will offer tailored individual support through a keyworker and adopting ‘think family’ and restorative approaches.
The Stronger Families programme is here to help and support families across Leeds and Bradford.
We are working with families across Leeds and Bradford to develop skills and employment opportunities.
To be eligible for this support you must have at least one dependent child in the same household and be unemployed or economically inactive.
Health & Well-being:
- Confidence building
- Building and maintaining social relationships
- Mindfulness sessions
- Family support
- Leading a healthy lifestyle
- General health and well-being support including mental health needs
Employability & Skills Building:
- Links to employers across Leeds & Bradford to provide work experience and placement opportunities
- Volunteering opportunities
- Work taster visits
- Provide job application support
- Accredited and non-accredited training opportunities including; literacy and numeracy, ESOL & IT
- In work communication and skills building
- Digital inclusion (e.g. IT skills, job searches)
- Family learning and taster sessions
Financial Inclusion Support:
- Debt advice and support
- Financial planning and budgeting (linking with healthy lifestyle sessions e.g. cooking on a budget).
- Support and advice with benefits and housing