Accommodation Based Support
Beacon has been commissioned to provide a new city wide Housing Related Support accommodation service for vulnerable adults, couples and families to prevent homelessness, and address housing need. Beacon will be delivered by a consortium made up of Leeds Housing Concern, Touchstone and Foundation.
Who does Beacon support?
You can access Beacon if you are:
- you are over 16 years old and have an established local connection to Leeds i.e. Leeds resident, family associations, previous or current employment etc.
- you are willing to participate in the Beacon support planning pro-cess and possess sufficient living skills to be able to maintain a tenancy with the support provided
- you require a period of supported accommodation to live inde-pendently, addressing complex and multiple needs (e.g. homelessness, offending, mental health and substance misuse)
- you require accommodation for safeguarding purposes
- you have limited accommodation options available, for example being unsuitable to access Private Rented Sector accommoda-tion or the Council Lettings Scheme due to high support and/or risk issues
- you require accommodation due to leaving institutions such as prison, hospital etc
How do I access the service or make a referral?
Please do not hesitate to contact us on 0113 271 8277 if you have any further queries.
The Housing Service is funded by Leeds City Council