The Well-Bean Café – Hope in a Crisis supports anyone in a crisis – it provides a safe place for people in crisis to go and to prevent avoidable attendances at A&E.
The Leeds Hope and Wellbeing Café is a partnership between Leeds Survivor Led Crisis Service and Touchstone (who will be leading the project), the café is funded to end of June 2019 currently and will run on Saturday, Sunday and Monday nights, 6pm-midnight.
The café is located near St James’s Hospital in Lincoln Green, with the aim of diverting people from avoidable visits to A&E. The project will also work closely with A&E staff, including the crisis team, to take direct referrals of people who have turned up at A&E but don’t require medical intervention.
What we offer:
We offer a non clinical alternative to A & E, to reduce distress and work with people to resolve or better manage crisis.
We offer one-to-one support and also a social space, where refreshments and hot food will be available.
Professional Referral Contact: 07760 173 505
Self Referral Contact: 07760 173 476
Exclusions to access include:
- Acute intoxication
- Acute psychosis (only where this poses a risk to others)
- Alcohol withdrawal
- Injury which requires treatment
- Overdose/treatment or observations required
- Personal care
Our opening hours during the festive period will be as follows:
- Saturday 22nd December 6pm-12am
- Sunday 23rd December 6pm-12am
- Monday 24th December 6pm-12am
- Tuesday 25th December 6pm-12am
- Wednesday 26th December 6pm-12am
- Saturday 29th December 6pm-12am
- Sunday 30th December 6pm-12am
- Monday 31st December 6pm-12am
- Tuesday 1st January 6pm-12am
Well-bean Cafe Blogs: